Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Watercolor Fantasy Earth Goddess



I've started making myself a handmade sketchbook. I'm using recycled paper from previous projects and I've decided on a simple single page binding. I tend to do a lot of sample watercolor painting before I begin the final and I end up with lots of loose weirdly shaped half finished paintings that I don't know what to with. I'm trying out this sketchbook as a solution to this problem. This time around, I'm going to paint some of the pages before I bind them and later try painting some of the pages after its been bound. I'm thinking I prefer painting the loose pages, but I like the idea of being able to bind them all together later. Long story short, this is one of the pages of my new sketchbook. I've been playing around with the idea of an earth goddess for a while now and I thought I'd bring her more to life. 

Post a Comment